Should I use Bee Spray to Get Rid of Bees at my Home?
Generally speaking, it is really not a good idea to use any type of pesticide or other toxic chemicals as a method of getting rid of bees in and around your home.
While there are so called “approved” bee sprays available, these can be used incorrectly and thus may be harmful to your health as well as that of the bees.
Dangers from using Bee Spray for Bee Control
Bee spray contains either pyrethrin or permethrin. Both of these chemicals when inhaled or absorbed through your skin, can cause tingling and/or numbness, a runny nose, coughing, trouble breathing, vomiting, diarrhea, as well as irritation and burning of the skin and eyes.
Long-term exposure to these compounds can result in a skin rash, itching, redness, headache, dizziness, fatigue, excessive saliva, weakness of the muscles and nausea. Permethrin may also affect the liver.
Why You Should Not Use Bee Spray or other Pesticides for Bee Control.
As mentioned earlier, these chemicals found in bee spray can cause health issues with humans.
However, these compounds are also toxic to honey bees. Honey bees are pollinators, and as such, are essential to the growth of crops around the world.
So, rather than use bee spray to “kill” honey bees, it is best that we “remove” and relocate them. That is why it is best to hire a bee removal professional for live bee removal services.
Why Call The Beehive, Bee and Wasp Removal?
When you have a bee problem at your home or property, it is best to contact a professional bee removal service. At the Beehive, Bee and Wasp Removal, we have over 3 decades of experience working with bees. We are also licensed and certified with the Arizona Office of Pest Management and carry workers compensation insurance.